Monday, April 24, 2006

The Job

Each day that passes, I realize I know and understand less and less about this job. Whatever it is that I am supposed to be doing I have no idea. My SC does not tell me or lead me in anything. I am a firm believer in lead by example, and he does not do squat for this job. But yet he yells at me when I am not doing anything. I dont get it really. I think he has the "do as I say, not as I do" complex. It is aggravating and annoying.

One good thing that has happened, is my senior that I have been working on has finally committed. it took some man hours to get his mother to agree, but it did pay off. So now I have a senior, a grad, and 2 GEDs that are ready to go. Lets just hope they drop as easily as I am writing about this.

I am not even sure if anyone has even read any of my posts, but to the fellow recruiters out there I would like to pose a question. Does the feeling of not really belonging to this environment ever go away? I mean I feel like I am not getting enough out of my career by being a recruiter. Its almost like I am missing out on the rest of the Army, like I have fallen behind within my MOS so to speak. I just do not think that I am cut out for this job. I am a good leader, that much I know for a certainty. The aspect of recruiting, not so much.

I know it is high time I take some leave though. I have been working nonstop since December. That whole speech about every 3 months thing I knew was not going to happen, but I am starting to burn out a little. Spending this much time around one other person is liable to make any go crazy, especially given the fact that we are so far away from the rest of the company and other stations. But I keep my head high and smile every morning. I get to see my family, and that is what counts.

First in Last out. There is a phrase I have not thought about for a little while. Its the mantrs of any combat service support MOS. It especially rings true among truck drivers like myself. Dont know why I thought about it right now, but I just was.

Carlos Mencia is the funniest guy out there right now. His humor just comes from honesty. And that appeals to me. I only wish there were more people that had his convictions.

Thats all for now. Write again when I have the time. Take care and God bless.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been out here in USA(W)rec(K) for almost a year, no it doesn't.

11:08 PM  
Blogger SSG N said...

Quote: "Does the feeling of not really belonging to this environment ever go away?"

Truthfully, if you are the type of NCO who takes care of soldiers, who believes in the NCO creed, and believes that recruiting quality soldiers does not equal education, then the answer to your question is NO. I have been here for over 2 years and I still feel like a butterfly in a bee hive. Stick to your guns and don't ever do anything that you can't look in the mirror for.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home